Monday, July 23, 2007

Still Not Listed

Do you have any world coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

Recently I got some books about world coins and some people have commented that the book doesn't list certain coins. This is true and one of the biggest problems when collecting modern world coins.

Today I found a Euro from 2006 and quickly looked in my World Coin Book for all the stats and guess what? Nothing. No information what so ever. They stop listing Greek Euros after 2005.

I have other resources so I got most of the information I needed. It is a very beautiful coin and any lines or stuff on the coin is from the scanner.

Type/Country: 5 Euro Cents/Greece
Year: 2006
Mintage: 50,000,000( estimate this may change)
Metal: Copper Plated Steel
Value: $1.00 in UNC

Do you have any foreign coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

8 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

T.C. said...

Not world coins... But what do you think these 2 sets of dimes I bought when I was at a store the other day worth?

Set 1.
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dimesset1zc2.jpg

Set 2.
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7665/dimesset2ys9.jpg

Oh also I have a roll of 50 more similar dates.

Man said...

Most of the coins are in at least good condition.

Most valuable is the 1916 at $3.00.
The 1939-S is also nice at $1.85.
Anything until 1940 are about $1.25.
Anything from 1941-1964 are about $0.93 for the silver value.

100 silver dime should be worth about $100.00

The 1963-D looks nice.

T.C. said...

Thanks man. I can't believe someone got rid of these coins. My manager found these and since they know I collect coins as a hobby I always get first pick at what comes out of the safe. BTW is a 1919 as valuable as the 1916? I also have nicer looking ones than the 63 one is a 54.

Man said...

Nice find, for the price of silver alone they are great. If silver goes up again these coins could be $1.50 for the average and add a dollar more to the other values.

1919 is about $2.50

Here are the key dates in good...
1916-D is about $900.00
1921 is about $60.00
1921-D is about $75.00
1926-S is about $12.00
There are also several Doubled Die varieties.
The most famous errors in 1942 have a 2 over a 1 in the end of the date.
1942 and 1942-D worth $625.00 and $675.00 respectively in fine.

Anonymous said...

i wasn't sure where to leave this question, so hopefully you find it here.

i was digging through my old coins and found a 1944 wheat penny, but it does not look like it is made of copper. it is gray and sticks to a magnet. did someone replate it or were they made that way at some point?

Jon

Man said...

1944 wheat penny, but it does not look like it is made of copper. it is gray and sticks to a magnet.

This would be a major error you need to weigh it. It should weigh 2.70 grams if it's real. Then get good photos.

Next you need to have it certified, maybe contact this Fred Weinbeg expert on error coins.

That coin may be worth thousands.

Anonymous said...

recently i was going through some coins and i have found a greak 100 drachma with little shine and many small nicks and scratches on the face side it was from 1990 how much could this be worth please email me your response at keatonkyle@hotmail.com thanks in advance

Man said...

greak 100 drachma with little shine and many small nicks and scratches on the face side it was from 1990

About $0.55