Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Cirlce M or RCM Logo

Do you have any Canadian coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

Found this brand new 2007 Canadian quarter in my change it puzzled me for a while. Why?
Because it did not have the normal mintmark P or blank. Instead it has a circle with what looks like a half of a maple leaf and a M.

can0725a

My 2007 Charlton Standard Catalogue of Canadian Coins does not list this mintmark. A little research reveals the is the new Royal Canadian Mint(RCM) logo that debuted in a convention back in July 2006. The purpose of this was to promote the RCM and the high quality of their work.

I don't know what it is official called yet so I'll update it's name later.

Type/Country: 25 Cents/Canada
Year: 2007-?
Mintage: 274,763,000
Metal: 94% Steel, 3.8% Copper, 2.2% Nickel
Value: $1.00 in MS-60

Update: Apparently most collectors think it should be called RCM logo, so that is what I'll label it.
Update 2: Now most books are calling it Maple Leaf Logo, so that is what I'll call it, for now.

Do you have any Canadian coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

20 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Chrys said...

This is good information as I have one of that coin from some change. This coin is not listed in my World Coin Catalog (KP) 1901-present either.

Man said...

Thanks. It should be listed in the World Coin Catalog in the next two years.

The new 62nd edition Charlton Canadian Catalogue will probably have it.

These books do have there limits especially with Canada and unstable countries.

Anonymous said...

Hi there I have that same coin, the 2007 rcm quarter, but I believe mine has a minting error on it, there is a large indent on the queens cheek easily seen from the naked eye, how do I find out its value????


please reply to amdman@telus.net

Man said...

2007 rcm quarter, but I believe mine has a minting error on it, there is a large indent

It sounds more like damage then an error.
No extra value.

Anonymous said...

I have a 1918 Canadian quarter in good shape that I found. I was curios to know its approximate value.

thanks,James of WV

Man said...

1918 Canadian quarter in good shape that I found

It's about $2.25 in good(G-4).

Unknown said...

I have 2 toonies that I would like to inquire about. They are both from 2006, when they introduced the new RCM logo. However, one of them has the logo and the other does not. Instead, it has the traditional maple leaf over the queens head as opposed to the new RCM logo below. I'm really just kind of wondering if maybe there were two toonie prints for that year? Are they both worth holding on to? Also I have toonies from, 1996 (first circulation), 1999 (commemorative coin celebrating the founding of Nunavut), as well as 2000 (commemorative millenium coin ft a polar bear and 2 cubs). All worth holding on too maybe?

Man said...

2 toonies that I would like to inquire about. They are both from 2006, when they introduced the new RCM logo. However, one of them has the logo and the other does not...I'm really just kind of wondering if maybe there were two toonie prints for that year?

There are 4 versions of the toonies for 2006. They all have about the same value the most common is the one with the Maple Leaf. Still in circulated condition they are just face value.

1996 (first circulation) about $2.00
1999 (commemorative coin celebrating the founding of Nunavut) about $2.00
2000 (commemorative millenium coin ft a polar bear and 2 cubs) about $2.00

All are common so no big deal if you use them.

Anonymous said...

i have a 2007 canadian nickel with slight doubling on Elizabeth II what would the value of that be

Man said...

2007 canadian nickel with slight doubling on Elizabeth II

I have not seen any true doubling in this year but if it's not machine doubling it would be about $1.00.

Anonymous said...

i have a 1867-1992 qelizabetheth II quarter. How much is it worth??

Man said...

1867-1992 qelizabetheth II quarter just $0.25

Anonymous said...

I have a Elizabeth II quarter from 1867-1992 looks brand new. How much is it worth?

Man said...

Elizabeth II quarter from 1867-1992 looks brand new

Okay if it is the one with the Caribou and it would grade Mint-State 60 then about $6.00.

Anonymous said...

I have 3 Elizabeth II pennies from 2009, 1965, and 1956 How much do they cost??

Man said...

Elizabeth II pennies assuming from Canada
2009 just $0.01
1965 about $0.03
1956 about $0.05

Anonymous said...

i have Canadian penny from 1952-2002 and 1961 how much are they worth??

Man said...

Canadian penny
1952-2002 just $0.01
1961 about $0.03

Unknown said...

i have a 1994 canadian quarter and want to know what its worth in the USA

Man said...

1994 canadian quarter and want to know what its worth in the USA

Just $0.25 because it is still fairly new and common.