Sunday, January 15, 2017

2013-D Great Basin Quarter

Took a while to get the Denver version of this common America the Beautiful quarter but that is because I am on the far east coast.

Reverse of 2013-D Great Basin quarter, Nevada, tree
Reverse of 2013-D Great Basin quarter, mint mark, Washington
More of the Denver version of this coin was minted mainly because there was more demand for it. The western portion of America has a largely population mostly because of California. The largely population uses more coins so when bank on the west side of the country run low on any type of coin they order more from the the closest Federal Reserve which in this case it is the Denver mint.

I may have skipped some steps on how local banks get new money from mints but it basically is there.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 25 Cents - Great Basin / United States
Year: 2013-P
Mintage: 141,400,000
Metal: 91.67% Copper 8.33% Nickel
Value: $0.25 in F-12

Do you have a quarter from America and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

1 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Bear Rivers said...

Hello there.I found today a 1968 D Washington quarter that has an S under the D it is clear as can be. It also looks like maybe 2 D's but hard to tell. But the S is there for sure. I can send a pic but I am not sure how to send it here. I was wondering the value of this coin. Any help is appreciated thanks a lot.