Saturday, January 18, 2014

1937 Wheat Cent

This was a nice find and one of my oldest finds of last year. Yes it is still common and low value but it is old. Twenty plus years of serious collecting and I still get excited about finding wheat cents.


The end of the penny across the globe is almost here. The United States will probably be one of the last hold outs but I see a time soon when it will also cease to use cents. Years ago I would have been upset but now I accept this is a reality and the overpricing of goods will not add up to anything to tragic.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / United States
Year: 1937
Metal: 95% Copper 5% Tin and Zinc
Mintage: 309,170,000
Value: $0.15 in G-4

Do you have an older cent and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

2 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Lauren said...

They aren't older pennies... But they are wheats with errors. I just started collecting coins yesterday, and my mom gave these to me. Are they more than their face value? (Dumb question, but, yeah. I'm thirteen and kind of meh.)


1946-S DDR #002 - There's a double "pluribus unum" and "O"ne.

1952-S - "BIE" Error, whatever that is.

1955-S - With clashed B in liberty with a lamination error (or something? My mom called it that). They're all about uncirculated.

Thanks for your answer in advance. :)

Man said...

They're all about uncirculated.

1946-S DDR #002 - There's a double "pluribus unum" and "O"ne.
--About $7.00

1952-S - "BIE" Error, whatever that is.
--About $0.70

1955-S - With clashed B in liberty with a lamination error (or something? My mom called it that).
--About $5.00