Friday, November 22, 2013

1984 Canadian Nickel

Found a couple of Canadian coins in my change as the season of tourist shopping is going on stronger than ever. Certain stores are going to open on Thanksgiving and in the weeks before they have been extending hours. All that selling is dropping lots of odd change into circulation in NYC.


These Canadian nickels are still common and talk about removing them from circulation has not gone further. Despite being almost 30 years old it looks great and stood out from all my American change. I also found a 1993 Canadian cent but I featured that a year or so ago so I will not repeat.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 5 Cents / Canada
Year: 1984
Mintage: 84,088,000
Metal: 75% Copper, 25% Nickel
Value: $0.06 in F(Fine)

Do you have a nickel from Canada and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

1 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

i have a pure copper 1984 nickle
is it valuable?