Wednesday, March 27, 2013

2011 British Penny

Do you have British penny and want to know its value? Leave a comment

First British find of the year. It is a modern penny featuring the royal shield design. 



Got it as change at an organic food store, I needed some hummus. This continues the streak of finding British coins and as a bonus it a new one for me. 2011 seems to be a low minted year and hopefully that will bring up the value in the future.

There are some odd marking behind the queen's neck that I think are die clashes but I cannot be certain. That would not raise the value though.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Penny / Great Britain
Year: 2011
Mintage: 210,404,000
Metal: Copper-Plated Steel
Value: $0.02 in VF

Do you have a coin from Great Britain and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

4 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

The mintage is 210,404,000. It seems like the 2008 old design is more likely to gain a premium.

Man said...

The mintage is 210,404,000. It seems like the 2008 old design is more likely to gain a premium.

Thanks for the confirmation, true the 2008 old design was also a low run and hopefully it will gain value faster.

Granted it still might take 40+ years.

Anonymous said...

I have a $20 British coin and I don't know its worth.

Man said...

$20 British coin and I don't know its worth

Depends on year and exact wording on the coin.

Since the British use Pounds (£) instead of Dollars ($) it may not be a British coin.