Wednesday, January 23, 2013

2000 Canada Creativity Quarter

Have a Canadian quarter and want to know its value? Leave a comment

CREATIVITY or CREATIVITE
Is the ability to make something. At least that is how I define it and when fellow engineers feel down or bored I suggest they build something. There is such a wonderful sense of accomplishment when you see something in your mind and make it become real. Canada celebrated this with a quarter back in 2000.


The artist Eric (Kong Tat) Hui did a great job showing off creativity. He has what looks like framework gradually turning into full sculptures. It looks like some natives in a canoe paddling to a tree with mountains in the background. The artist wanted to blend ancient art forms with modern computer art.

There are some bad scratches on both sides, that keeps it down to all but the face value.

Here are the stats...
Type/Country: 25 Cents-October, Creativity / Canada
Year: 2000
Mintage: 35,102,206
Metal: 100% Nickel
Value: $0.25 in G-4

I also found a Canadian penny from 1998, which has been featured before.

Do you have a Canadian quarter and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

8 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

My dad has been buying me proof sets for a couple years now, I was wondering how much the collection is worth so far:
2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 Presidential dollar proof sets
2009 and 2012 Full proof sets
2010 and 2011 America the Beautiful proof sets.
All in original boxes with certificates of authenticity.

Man said...

Presidential dollar proof sets
2007 about $25.00
2008, 2010, 2011 about $20.00 each

Full proof sets
2009 and 2012 about $40.00 each

America the Beautiful proof sets
2010 and 2011 about $18.00 each

Anonymous said...

I have an 1865 penny that is pretty good shape. Wondering if you have a guess as to its value. thank you for your time.

Man said...

Assuming U.S.
1865 penny that is pretty good shape

About $15.00

Kihei said...

I found a 2006 quarter in my change and on the tails side, there's no image and no dots around the circumference. The heads side appears to be normal. I have a photo but I don't know where to post it. Would be great if you could estimate its value - thanks for your time.

Man said...

2006 quarter in my change and on the tails side, there's no image and no dots around the circumference. The heads side appears to be normal.
--Damage or Struck Through Grease error, either way no extra value.

I have a photo but I don't know where to post it.
--You have 2 blogs just post the pictures there but it is not needed as pictures would not change value.

Anonymous said...

I have a $1 silver certificate 1935 a L5403374C
My main curiosity surrounds the Benjamin Franklin/Liberty Bell half dollars I found. Most places I search tell me they are only worth melt weight... is this necessarily true? Also, I have MANY other coins I'd be curious to know more about.

Man said...

$1 silver certificate 1935 a L5403374C about $3.00

My main curiosity surrounds the Benjamin Franklin/Liberty Bell half dollars I found. Most places I search tell me they are only worth melt weight... is this necessarily true?
--Yes.
It is one of few series of U.S. you can complete for cheap since in circulated condition they just have metal value and there are no special varieties or errors. 1961 doubled-die proof is the exception.

Also, I have MANY other coins I'd be curious to know more about.
--Let me know how I can help.