Wednesday, June 08, 2011

2011 Canada Cent, Zinc

Do you have Canadian cent and want to know its value? Leave a comment

This was a relatively quick find. Almost halfway in to 2011 and I find a 2011 Canadian cent. It was on my short list of Canadian cents that I am missing along with 2008, 2003, 1990, and 1958.

 


From what I gathered all 2011 cents from Canada are copper-plated zinc unlike previous years when they also issued copper-plated steel varieties. If this changes I will update below.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / Canada
Year: 2011 RCM Logo
Mintage: Not yet known.
Metal: Copper Plated Zinc
Value: $0.01 in F

Update: Anonymous said... I just found a 2011 canadian cent that is made of the steel composite. on 6:03 PM, August 01, 2011 
That is cool, since the steel ones stick to magnets it's easy to identify. I guess they are going to continue the different core metal issues.

Do you have a Canadian cent and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you

62 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Kelly said...

That is a short list. You have all the others since...?

Man said...

That is a short list. You have all the others since...?

Well from 1955 to 2011 I have all others.

My long list is from 1902-2011 from that one I'm missing quite a few.

baselle said...

Yesterday I found a 1921 S penny on the sidewalk. Its worn, no lines in the wheat stalks and dinged up a bit, but its cool that I still find 90 year old coins free range like that.

Man said...

1921 S penny on the sidewalk. Its worn, no lines in the wheat stalks and dinged up a bit,

About $1.00

Anonymous said...

I just found a 2011 canadian cent that is made of the steel composite.
FYI
On your short list, there are 4 different pennies with the 2003 year mark,
they are old queen with and without the "p" mark and new queen with and without the "p" mark. Of course there could be the oddities also.

Man said...

2011 canadian cent that is made of the steel composite
Nice find, apparently both kinds are still being issued.
Thanks for the update.

On your short list, there are 4 different pennies with the 2003 year mark,
they are old queen with and without the "p" mark and new queen with and without the "p" mark.

--Yes, I know but I have not found any 2003, all 4 are on the long list but it is odd that I can't find even one.

Anonymous said...

I found a 2008 penny with a crown below the Queen (just like the one on the picture about) and I was told that it may be worth close to $2,000 since its a special edition apparently. Does anyone happen to know about this penny?

Thanks!

Man said...

2008 penny with a crown below the Queen (just like the one on the picture about) and I was told that it may be worth close to $2,000 since its a special edition apparently

Not true,there were no collectors edition 2008 cents issued.
It is normal and just $0.01.

Here is another link to double check...
http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.php?canadian_coins=1-cent-1965-2011

Anonymous said...

I have a 1943 Canadian Penny. Its in pretty good condition. How much is it worth?

Man said...

1943 Canadian Penny. Its in pretty good condition about $0.10

Anonymous said...

I have plenty off All the pennies on your shortlist an wud gladly give you a few but am in montreal. and most were pocket change ie. low grade. lol an ive got a few steel composite 2011 pennies to from what i heard they were just sold in mint sets at the mint store and these were just some takin out and put into circulation.

Man said...

I have plenty off All the pennies on your shortlist an wud gladly give you a few but am in montreal. and most were pocket change ie. low grade.
--That's okay I like finding them on my own.

lol an ive got a few steel composite 2011 pennies to from what i heard they were just sold in mint sets at the mint store and these were just some takin out and put into circulation.
--Heard the same thing but a lot more are being found so I think the mint is releasing them by the bag full.

Anonymous said...

I have two uncirculated Desert storm American $20 coins from 1991 what are they worth

Man said...

uncirculated Desert storm American $20 coins from 1991

Never heard of these.
Either not American or some type of private issue bullion.
Only worth its weught in metal.

If you can post a picture and link it here or describe the coins words andimage in more detail that would help.

Anonymous said...

I found 2 2011 pennies. 1 magnetic and 1 not.

Man said...

I found 2 2011 pennies. 1 magnetic and 1 not

Yes that seems normal as more reports are coming in it is 50/50, so no extra value for either.

Sandy said...

I found a 2011 coin that looks like a dime but is stamped like a penny. Is this a common coin or one of a kind?

Man said...

2011 coin that looks like a dime but is stamped like a penny.

I do not understand what this means.

Do you mean a copper colored dime?
Or silver colored penny?

Sandy said...

I mean it's silver like a dime, it's the size of a dime, but it has a penny value and leaves stamped on it.

Man said...

I mean it's silver like a dime, it's the size of a dime, but it has a penny value and leaves stamped on it.

Sounds like a foreign penny or some type of fake.

Without a more specific description or picture I cannot guess what you really have.

Sandy said...

It's Canadian, I don't have it with me at the moment so I cannot post a pic. I thought it was a dime until I looked closely at the picture on it.

Man said...

It's Canadian, I don't have it with me at the moment so I cannot post a pic. I thought it was a dime until I looked closely at the picture on it.

Sounds like a fake of some sort.

If a dime gets pressed in the penny press it would be the same size as a penny but underweight.

I an other experts would need two things to identify it...
1. A picture of both sides
2. The weight in 0.01 grams

Anonymous said...

I found two dimes that are toned the toning is green, one is a 1981 mint mark P and the other is a 1999 with a mint mark P. Do you know what these dimes could be worth.

Man said...

two dimes that are toned the toning is green, one is a 1981 mint mark P and the other is a 1999 with a mint mark P.

Just ten cents each, toning does not add value.

Anonymous said...

I have a 2006 magnetic penny no mint marks nor P and I want to know the most recent value of it, Thanks!!

Man said...

2006 magnetic penny no mint marks nor P

About $10.00 in very-fine.

Anonymous said...

It is in MS-64 condition and has been certified by the ICCS I am just looking for the most recent value.

Man said...

It is in MS-64 condition and has been certified by the ICCS

About $350.00

Anonymous said...

Thank you :)and how do you respond to so many questions so fast?

Man said...

how do you respond to so many questions so fast?

I have all comments emailed to my phone, so no matter where I'm at I can respond.

Like a more nerdy Batman.

Anonymous said...

Very nice ;) have a good night.

Kim said...

I have found a 2011 penny that is silver like a dime, it seem that the pressing was off too... its a little thinner on one edge and not centered.

I have a picture of it on my facebook, hopefully this link works

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3595264124954&set=a.1184795704750.28346.1373996714&type=3&theater

All the coins are 2011 as a reference. Thoughts?

Man said...

2011 penny that is silver like a dime, it seem that the pressing was off too... its a little thinner on one edge and not centered.

Unfortunately I am blocked from viewing your image, making that one photo may help.

That said it needs to be weighed to find out what type of error you may have.

Kim said...

Ummm let's try this.

What weight should it be?

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/MissKiminy/?action=view&current=418350_3595264124954_1373996714_3538409_1705299010_n.jpg

Man said...

What weight should it be?

2.25 or 2.35 grams if normal and just plated, which is not worth extra.

1.75 grams means it is a true error that would be worth about $250.00.

Any other weight might be a missing clad error where the copper shell was not added, these start at $200.00.

The link worked but does not help identify what type of error it can be.

Kim said...

I'll weigh it tonight and get back to you

Anonymous said...

Hey I got lots of different 2011 ¢ and 4 of em are really catchy to the eye, 1 is extremely red and non mag with r. Mint logo, one redish gold mag with r.m logo, 1 gold redish 2002 p, and another 2011 non mag extremly shiny with a pinkish gold and noticeable large golen color edges and more.

Anonymous said...

1¢ sorry.

Man said...

2011 1¢
1 is extremely red and non mag with r. Mint logo
--Normal just $0.01

one redish gold mag with r.m logo
--Normal just $0.01

gold redish 2002 p
--Normal just $0.01

2011 non mag extremly shiny with a pinkish gold and noticeable large golen color edges
--Normal just $0.01

All the colors you describe is just toning. Copper tends to oxidize change with temperature and time.

Unknown said...

iv got a 2006 Canadian penny that is magnetic iv heard that they can be valuble it is in near perfect condition id like to get a value and a story for it please. please email me an answer at my hotmail address keatonkyle@hotmail.com

Man said...

2006 Canadian penny that is magnetic iv heard that they can be valuble it is in near perfect condition

The six varieties are:
2006 - Copper Plated Zinc
2006 - Copper Plated Steel
2006 RCM Logo - Copper Plated Zinc
2006 RCM Logo - Copper Plated Steel
2006 P - Copper Plated Zinc
2006 P - Copper Plated Steel

If yours is 2006 - Copper Plated Steel and high mint grade MS-66 it's about $750.00. But it cannot have the P under the Queen,

Nancy Taylor said...

Someone posted in March 2012 that they have a CAN. penny struck on a dime planchet. I found the same penny in the summer of 2012. My cheap scale says it ways 1.76 g. Hoping I have a real error coin.

Nancy Taylor said...

weighs that is :o)

Man said...

CAN. penny struck on a dime planchet. I found the same penny in the summer of 2012. My cheap scale says it ways 1.76 g.

Judging by weight it seems to be a true error, they average about $250.00.

This error is well known and should be graded for maximum value.

Unknown said...

I have an 1890, and an 1899 canadian penny.. anyone know estimated values ?

Man said...

Canadian penny...
1890 about $6.00 in a low grade of good
1899 about $3.00 in a low grade of good

Unknown said...

Thank you. .
Do you know anything about any other coins?
I have a 1920 fifty cent coin, 1940 fifty cent coin, 1953 fifty cent coin. ..
Know an estimated value?

Man said...

1920 fifty cent coin, 1940 fifty cent coin, 1953 fifty cent coin

From what countries?

Unknown said...

Sorry for not mentioning .. they are canadian fifty cent coins

Man said...

Canadian
1920 fifty cent coin about $20.00 in a low grade of good
1940 fifty cent coin about $9.00 in a low grade of good
1953 fifty cent coin about $10.00 in a low grade of good

Unknown said...

Ok thank you for your help

Unknown said...

2011 Elizabeth 2

Adam said...

I found 2011 Canadian Penny in ESCJ from Vaudrueil-Dorion

Adam said...

Check it out of the 2011 Canadian Penny:

- It's Rusty Coin is 10 Years Old

Me said...

I cut from the DG Regina Coin (Elizabeth II) in fix it in 2011 Canadian Penny

Unknown said...

I have a lot of 2011 magnetic and non magnetic

Anonymous said...

I have a discovery penny 1986 p zinc coated steel plunchet i think it's a 30 % steel because it's stick to a magnet what do you think is that a discovery coin and how much the values of that penny can you reply me thanks

Anonymous said...

I have 1980 d quarter super discovery because it's a double die reverse how much the values of that coins can you reply

Anonymous said...

I have 1969d penny double die reverse is that a discovery coin? How the values of that coin reply me ok thanks

Anonymous said...

I have so many discovery double dies quarters in 1980"s I have 1980d and o double die , 1982 d and p double die , 1983d and p, 1984 d , 1986 , 1989 d double die quarters how much the values of each coin quarters discovery
And the last one 1983 d and p quarters double die also i have so amazing can you reply me thanks

Anonymous said...

I have one dollar coins 1979 d,p,and,S
Double dies amazing discovery coins is that discovery ? Reply me again ok thanks

Rare Finds 2022-2023 said...

For the Cleaning Coins with Nail-Clipper... I used to clear a rare canadian penny what year is?. I Have 1997 Canadian Penny, 1998 Canadian Penny x2, 2001 Canadian Penny Everything, 1952-2002 Canadian Penny x2, 2004 Canadian Penny, 2008 Canadian Penny, and the last year is: 2011 Canadian Penny. (December 4, 2022).