Friday, May 06, 2011

1920 Wheat Cent

Do you have a wheat cent and want to know its value? Leave a comment

The most common of 1920s cents is this first one. World War I ended about two years earlier and the copper shortage was over. Cents were now being minted on a massive scale from 1918 to 1920. Never before did production figures average 300 million. A post war economy tends to be stronger than normal.



This is very worn, granted I will still label it Good-4. There are no sharp details and the rim is blending with the field of the coin as well as the lettering. At the time of posting the coin weighed in at 2.94 grams which is 0.17 grams under the 3.11 normal wheat cent.

Type/Country: 1 Cent / United States
Year: 1920
Mintage: 310,165,000
Metal: 95% Copper, 5% Zinc
Value: $0.20 in G-4

Sidenote: Last WWI combat veteran died yesterday.

Do you have an older cent and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

14 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

honeybee123 said...

Hi, I just got a ten dollar bill from an old couple at work. They used it to tip me, and I noticed it says "Series 1950." I was wondering if you could tell me how much it might be worth. it's in good condition. THere's some fading and one little ity-bity tear up by the corner, so not pristine or anything. But otherwise it looks really good.
The green serial number, under the "B" (Federal reserve Bank of New York New York) and above the signature of Robert B Anderson is: B 90913434 G

If you could let me know and how one might try to sell something like this if it is, in fact, worth more than the ten dollars, that'd be great. I'm way down on my luck the last few days, so that would be a fantastic little blessing. Anyways, thank you :)

Man said...

ten dollar bill..."Series 1950."...it's in good condition. THere's some fading and one little ity-bity tear up by the corner, so not pristine or anything. But otherwise it looks really good...B 90913434 G

About $12.00 not really worth trying to sell. Unless your an expert on eBay or selling at flea markets it is best to just use it.

Anonymous said...

I have a $10 bill 1950 series. B84321791B serial number with E172 on bottom right corner on front of bill and 1434 on back bottom right area. It has no folds or tears but is circulated cause i found it at my work. It's in very good condition I'd say almost mint.

Man said...

$10 bill 1950 series. B84321791B serial number with E172 on bottom right corner on front of bill and 1434 on back bottom right area. It has no folds or tears but is circulated cause i found it at my work. It's in very good condition I'd say almost mint.

About $35.00

Anonymous said...

I have a penny year 197 with no 4th digit D, i also have a 1911 and 1912 wheat Penny, no mint in good condition, and a 2002 D Tennesse Quarter that has a noticeable gold color on the head side, and regular color on the back. and a Dime with 200 no 4th digit D.
What are these worth?

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I have a bill and would like to know its value

$1 C16328745*

thanks alot

Anonymous said...

Sorry its series 1999 and in good condion

Man said...

$1 C16328745* 1999 and in good about $1.25

Anonymous said...

Hi,I found a 1909 Wheat penny a few years ago at a thrift store. It was stuck on a little shelf I was buying. It has the initials VDB on the bottom of the back. It is a strange goldish color. Do you have any info on that penny? Why does the color look so odd? Is it worth any signigicant amount? thanks God Bless

Man said...

1909 Wheat penny a few years ago at a thrift store. It was stuck on a little shelf I was buying. It has the initials VDB on the bottom of the back. It is a strange goldish color.

It would be about $11.00 in good but I'm afraid the color was an attempt to gold-plate it. Plating is considered damage and would drop the value to $1.00 or less.

It may also have been varnished or lacquered by accident which it still damage.

Susan said...

Hi, I recently found a 1923 wheat penny in my coin jar in pretty good shape. It barely has any dents and it still has a couple spots of its original lust. It doesn't have a mint mark either. Mind telling me what you think it's worth?

Man said...

1923 wheat penny in my coin jar in pretty good shape. It barely has any dents and it still has a couple spots of its original lust. It doesn't have a mint mark either.

Assuming Extra-Fine grade about $5.00.

Unknown said...

I have a 1946 nickel how much is it worth

Unknown said...

Its a little dirty and got a little faded