Friday, December 25, 2009

Annual Sets Unwrapped

Do you have a coin set and want to know its value? Leave a comment

I can complain about how my deliveries get to my home on time but then the landlord holds on to them for a month without telling anyone. Alas, I won't since this is Christmas and my spirits are high.

For $85.85 I got the 18 piece silver proof set and the 36 piece uncirculated mint set. This is a large amount of coins because of the multiple dollars, cents, and quarters. The fact the cents are 95% copper also make these sets unique.

Oh and the higher price is due to the ever rising price of silver.




Notice something odd, let me zoom in for you.



At first I was going to freak out but it is just a loose cent. I have to knock back in place without scraping all the others. The large amount of coins makes the package very loose and heavy.

Here are the stats...
Type/Country: Silver Proof Set / United States
Year: 2009-S
Mintage: 694,406 estimated
Metal: Silver proof type, except for the nickel & dollars, cents are 95% copper.
Value: $70.00 in box ($10.00 increase as of 2012 values)

Type/Country: Mint Set / United States
Year: 2009-D, 2009-P
Mintage: 643,897 estimated
Metal: Normal circulation type, cents are 95% copper..
Value: $40.00 in box ($2.00 decrease as of 2012 values)

Do you have an uncirculated mint or silver proof set and want to know its value? Leave a comment / question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

4 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

i have a 1999 proof san francisco silve set
state quaters in oringanal plastic.the got a tarnised gold color . how much are they worth

Man said...

1999 proof san francisco silve set
state quaters in oringanal plastic.the got a tarnised gold color


About $55.00

Carl said...

The only sets US mint sets I have are 1964 & 1964D which have silver Kennedy half dollars in them....

Man said...

The only sets US mint sets I have are 1964 & 1964D which have silver Kennedy half dollars in them....

Ok.