Sunday, September 14, 2008

Silver Proof 2008

Do you have a proof silver coin set and want to know its value? Leave a comment / question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

My final coin purchase for the year, as far as I know. The 2008 Silver Proof Set was the last of annual sets to come out and is also the last of the 50 state quarters.

Sure the territorial quarters are coming out in 2009 plus the 2009 new cents but until then we must enjoy the last 14 piece set. Again the price is at the $44.95 high plus a flat shipping fee of $4.95. Sent via UPS which is annoying since everything else was sent by regular post office.

Nothing special except for the the Kennedy half-dollar, and the Roosevelt dime, all struck in 90 percent silver. What I mean is no errors or bad surprises with these coins.



Here are the stats...
Type/Country: Silver Proof Set/United States
Year: 2008-S
Mintage: 763,887
Metal: Normal proof type except for the quarters, dimes & halves.
Value: $75.00 in box ($15.00 increase as of 2012 values)

Looking over last year's silver proof set I noticed they didn't put the Presidential Dollars in a separate box, I guess they're being environmentally friendly.

Do you have a proof silver coin set and want to know its value? Leave a comment / question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

5 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

James (UK) said...

All stunning once again... I wish we had some good sets like this in the UK.

Man said...

Doesn't the Royal Mint sell the 2008 Royal Shield of Arms Base Metal Proof Collection and the 2008 Emblems of Britain Silver Proof Collection. Granted the UK silver set is more expensive.

Those are some nice sets.

James (UK) said...

Perhaps it's just the "grass is always greener" complex... I just think yours look better!

I'd love to have Essex £1 coins, like you have your state quarters etc.

Anonymous said...

i saw this being sold on ebay.
is it worth much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1935-silver-certificate-blue-seal-cert-certificates_W0QQitemZ320299304314QQihZ011QQcategoryZ40032QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Man said...

saw this being sold on ebay.
is it worth much.


They average about $3.00 in very fine, less if stained or overly wrinkled.