Monday, December 31, 2007

End of the Year Stats

Do you have a coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

The year 2007 is over and my change finds have gotten slim. Although I did find a few star notes the older money has all but stopped. While last year I found a 1907 U.S. cent this year I found a 1927 U.S. cent and nickel.
Half of my change finds where from friends and family, the other half was from local stores most just a few blocks from my place.

Here are two graphs that shows the decline in my foreign coin finds. In 2006 I had found 43 coins from 14 countries which was the lowest until this year. In 2007 the amounts reduced to 27 coins from 8 countries.
As usual Canada dominated all with Bermuda, Great Britain, Greece, and Trinidad & Tobago being the only countries that repeat.

Oldest United States Find
1927 Cent
1927 Nickel

Oldest Foreign Find
1958 Canadian Dime

Most Valuable Find(above face value)
2003A $1 dollar star note in UNC about $5.00

All in all I found 48 coins compared to 56 last year, my high was about 250 in 1998. I did make it up by buying 92 coins most from the mint or eBay, compared to 42 last year.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and change for all.

Do you have a currency/note/bill and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

13 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Happy New year!

Several years ago I bought an obviously home-made stainless-steel cuff bracelet at a rummage sale. I was attracted by the 5 coins that were attached. I believe they were welded on. All 5 have been bent to conform to the curve of the bracelet. The coins are from Morocco, France, Italy, England, and the Soviet Union (CCCP)

The dates are visible on only 2 of the coins - both 1940 - and I believe they all might be souvenirs from WWII.

anyway , I can identify only 2 and wonder their value: Italy (Italia) 1040, 2 L with markings XVIII and R. A spread eagle or other raptor on the Itlaian "fasces" (the bundle of sticks & an axe that signify power)

England, silver shilling of George VI, 1940, lion on crown.

Thanks!

Marsha Milwaukee

Man said...

Italy (Italia) 1040, 2 L with markings XVIII and R. A spread eagle or other raptor on the Itlaian "fasces" (the bundle of sticks & an axe that signify power)

This is a Italy 2 Lira from 1940 the XVIII means year 18 of the rule of the king. It is a stainless steel coin worth about $0.40 normally but if bent it is worth nothing.


England, silver shilling of George VI, 1940, lion on crown.

This one is about $1.33 for the silver content.

Bending and welding coins causes the value to drop. Unless the coin is rare then it will not keep any value above metal content. These two coins are not rare millions were made. Most coins made during WWII are common because so many were brought back as souvenirs.

Now as an art piece or if you can trace the history of the maker/soldier who made it then it can be worth more. Like Antiques Roadshow would say "provenance".

Anonymous said...

Hi I have a sheet of Canadian $ 2.00 bills (40) the last prionting in whatever year. They are pristine and in a frame with glass over. Any idea what they may be worth??

Would appreciate any help.

Guy

Man said...

sheet of Canadian $ 2.00 bills (40) the last prionting in whatever year

If these are from 1974 and sold in 1995 either in a 5x8 sheet or 4x10 sheet, either one is about $80.00.

If these are 1986 it is about $150.00.

Anonymous said...

I have some european coins , among thme are a 1 franc from 1951 and a 10 franc from 1969. there are several other as well but I'm not sure where they are from. Any help determining their value would be greatly appreciated.

Man said...

1 franc 1951
I don't know this one is it from France?

10 franc 1969
This one is a good one it was a low mintage and it's about $14.00 it's real silver.

When I look up foreign coins that I can't identify I always try to describe each side.
Try typing into Google any words written on each side.
WorldCoinGallery.com is also a great site.

Anonymous said...

I have found some canadian coins, mostly pennies, but I always enjoy canadian money!

Anonymous said...

Found your post on yahoo answers about 1950 10 dollar bill and to post here. It's in used condition, and the serial number is G88668322C and the letter under the date is A. Any idea if its worth anything? Thanks,

Jerry

Man said...

1950-A 10 dollar bill and to post here. It's in used condition, and the serial number is G88668322C

It's about $30.00 in uncirculated.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I have a series of 1934 $50 bill C03713160A in good. Is it worth anything extra?

Man said...

1934 $50 bill C03713160A in good

About $50.00

Anonymous said...

Hey I have a 1950 $10 bill in good condition, but you can tell its been used. the bottom is cut weird. the serial number is L088L4871A.
Thank you

Man said...

1950 $10 bill in good condition, but you can tell its been used. the bottom is cut weird. the serial number is L088L4871A

About $12.00 the weird cut does not raise value.