Sunday, October 09, 2005

Hello My Foreign Friends

Do you have a foreign coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

I've found hundreds of foreign coins in my change from over 50 countries and dating as far back as the 1940s'. I've also occasionally bought foreign coins, low grade of course. From Eastern Numismatics Inc. I've bought world coins by the pound when they are on sale, I've also bought from eBay.

Here's my most recent eBay lot.
If you click on the image you'll see them in a larger image.
Here is the rear of the same coins.


Here's the stats for the coins pictured....
1962 Bulgaria 1 Stotinka (F) ....................................$0.10
1964 Czechoslovakia 50 Haleru (VG)...........................$0.10
1967 Belgium 1 Franc (G) (French Version)................$0.10
1970 Belgium 1 Franc (VG) (Dutch Version)...............$0.10
1970 Canada 1 Cent (VG)...........................................$0.05
1973 Egypt 10 Milliemes (VG) (Light Corrosion).......$0.10
1973 Belgium 1 Franc (VG) (French Version)..........$0.10
1973 Great Britain Half Penny (F)............................$0.15
1974 Spain 5 Pesetas (VG)..........................................$0.10
1976 Somalia 5 Senti (VF) (FAO).............................$0.10
1977 Portugal 2.50 Escudos (VG)..............................$0.10
1978 Spain 5 Pesetas (VF)..........................................$0.10
1978 Spain 5 Pesetas (F).............................................$0.10
1979 Spain 5 Pesetas (VF)..........................................$0.10
1980 Spain 1 Peseta (VF) (Soccer Back)...................$0.10
1980 Spain 1 Peseta (F) (Normal Back)....................$0.10
1980 Spain 1 Peseta (VF) (Normal Back).................$0.10
1983 Canada 5 Cents (F).............................................$0.10
1985 Mexico 1 Peso (VF)............................................$0.10
1986 Yugoslavia 10 Dinara (XF)................................$0.10
1986 Spain 1 Peseta (VF)............................................$0.10
1987 Cayman Islands 5 Cents (F)..............................$0.10
1996 Cayman Islands 1 Cent (XF).............................$0.15
2002 Cayman Islands 1 Cent (UNC).............................$0.50
2002 Canada 1 Cent (AU).........................................$0.25

I bought the lot for $3.00 without shipping and I estimate the value at, the lowest grade, $3.10. There are 25 coins in total and only a few were repeats of what I had found before.

Do you have a foreign coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

16 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nice blog, I am bit new to this blog stuff but I really like it. I will definately be back. Do you have a gold bird charm that the horse lovers community just love? I should set a blog up on it that has to do with gold bird charm.

Man said...

Nice but I don't collect charms.

Anonymous said...

HI on 8-5-06 u answerd me on yahoo the paper money i found i don't have dates that i can read on them all of it is forigen if u want i can send pic of them to u to help ID

Man said...

Not a problem.

Anonymous said...

I have a coin that looks like it has 4 rice stalks tied together by a ribbon. It looks Oriental. I cant't really see the front. What is this coin?

Man said...

coin that looks like it has 4 rice stalks tied together by a ribbon. It looks Oriental. I cant't really see the front. What is this coin?

Unfortunately I can't say, too many possiblities.
Try posting an image somewhere and linking it here.

Imageshack is free and easy.

Anonymous said...

I have an Egyptian 1 pound coin that I think is dated 2008. The reverse is doubled but only in the brass colored section. What's it worth?

Man said...

Egyptian 1 pound coin that I think is dated 2008. The reverse is doubled but only in the brass colored section.

About $6.00 but the market for foreign errors is not as stable as U.S. errors so it may be difficult to sell.

Anonymous said...

I have a 1951 bill that I believe is from Bulgaria. It has a 3 on it, there is a lion facing the left surrounded by wheat with a star above it, the back has a hammer and sickle. The serial # is B3234889. It is in cu condition. Do you know what it's worth?

Man said...

1951 bill that I believe is from Bulgaria. It has a 3 on it, there is a lion facing the left surrounded by wheat with a star above it, the back has a hammer and sickle. The serial # is B3234889. It is in cu condition

Yes, 3 Leva about $0.50.

Anonymous said...

1971 British 2 "New" Pence
Fairly good condition

Man said...

1971 British 2 "New" Pence
Fairly good condition


About $0.10

Anonymous said...

Yes I have a British penny I guess it has victoria dei gra.Britt Regina fid def Ind imp on one side and one penny wit man holding a pick fork with date 1900, also have one with 1901 how much are they worth .

Man said...

British penny I guess it has victoria dei gra.Britt Regina fid def Ind imp on one side and one penny wit man holding a pick fork with date 1900, also have one with 1901

About $0.75 each

Anonymous said...

Quater but the in is messed up for in god we trust.. What's the worth

Man said...

Quater but the in is messed up for in god we trust.. What's the worth

Depends on the type of error but most do not have any extra value.