Monday, October 19, 2015

2004 East Caribbean States Dollar

It has been over a year since I last found an East Caribbean states coin. Although they are plentiful and the country itself is not that far they still do not often appear in our change.

Sir Francis Drake’s Golden Hinde at sea is on the back like normal. It is copper-nickel and newer coins are now nickel-plated steel I think.

Here are the stats for this coin...
Type / Country: 1 Dollar / East Caribbean States
Year: 2004
Mintage:  Not yet known.
Metal: Copper-Nickel
Value: $1.00 in AU

Do you have an East Caribbean States coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

6 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

I have a $1 that is now my lowest serial number I have found:
2009 F00076085L
I was wondering whether or not it's worth keeping at all.

Man said...

$1 that is now my lowest serial number I have found:
2009 F00076085L


Just $1.00 only serial numbers with 00000999 or lower have extra value in low grade.

Anonymous said...

Also, I have found 2 unusual quarters:
1987 P quarter, circulated, but the mint mark is more crooked to me than other quarters that I've seen from the 1980's.

1988 Quarter, this one is missing the mint mark. I'm a little uncertain about this. I did a little research and didn't find much about 1988, but found out there are also 1989 quarters that were missing the mint mark. But honestly, it looks like usual wear to me.

Man said...

1987 P quarter, circulated, but the mint mark is more crooked to me than other quarters that I've seen from the 1980's.
--Variations are normal and do not generally have extra value.

1988 Quarter, this one is missing the mint mark. I'm a little uncertain about this. I did a little research and didn't find much about 1988, but found out there are also 1989 quarters that were missing the mint mark. But honestly, it looks like usual wear to me.
--Wear or Struck Through Grease error, no extra value.

Anonymous said...

Yes I have some east Caribbean states coins ( 1 cent -$10 ) (1980-2008)
I was wondering if they was worth any thing in the U.S. And how much if any and
Where could I go to sell them

Man said...

east Caribbean states coins ( 1 cent -$10 ) (1980-2008)

Just face value, eBay is where to sell them.