Tuesday, February 25, 2014

1986 Canadian Cent

As I recall 1986 was a horrible year with the Challenger and Chernobyl disasters among other things made it a fairly bad time, except for the Mets. This Canadian cent is from that time but has little historical impact.


The Canadian cent maybe out of circulation in Canada but in the U.S. they seem to be going strong. I have found quite a few and it is only February. I wonder how it is like in Canada since the end of the cents. The few Canadians I heard talk about cents just say it is no big deal since they have been slowly banning pennies from stores for years. I think the poor people in certain areas would have a different view.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / Canada
Year: 1986
Mintage: 788,285,000
Metal: 98% Copper, 1.5% Zinc, and 0.5% Tin
Value: $0.02 in F-12

Do you have a Canadian coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

2 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Rachel Miller said...

I have a Mexican coin. 1897 estados unidos Mexicanos $5 coin. How much would it be worth? I can only find 1900s and later on line

Man said...

1897 estados unidos Mexicanos $5 coin

If gold about $600.00