Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Last Non-Impressions

Do you have Canadian dime and want to know its value? Leave a comment

The last coin I found in 2009 of course ended up being from Canada. What else can be said this is New York we share a border with Canada the proximity does not go unnoticed.  Imagine how many of these end up in the city of Buffalo, although there are probably more in Toronto.

 

This happens to be one of the worst Canadian coins I have found. It seems to be rusted and heavily scratched. I can assume it was even more rusted and someone polished it clean.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Cents / Canada
Year: 2004-P
Mintage: 214,143,000
Metal: 92% Steel, 5.5% Copper, 2.5% Nickel
Value: $0.10 (This one is damaged)

Whew! Done for last year.
I'll give you one guess on what was my first find for 2010...find out in the next post.

Do you have ten cents from Canada and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

15 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Kelly said...

Obvious guess would be another Canadian coin. But I'm going to go ahead and, bravely, guess it was a Euro or something exotic :)

Kelly said...

oh, and I have a coin that might just be from Yugoslavia, but I don't really know much more than that. I have a picture of it over on my flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kelehoop/4290014580/in/photostream/). Any ideas? I know it isn't worth much...it is pretty damaged and very recent, but any info you have for me would be great :)

Kelly said...

er, that link won't be good now....but it is one of the most recently posted pictures. In a new set, 'coins of O-ten' as I plan on keeping track of my foreign coins this year!

Man said...

I'm going to go ahead and, bravely, guess it was a Euro or something exotic :)
Should of went with the obvious.

coin that might just be from Yugoslavia,
Yes it is from Yugoslavia.
Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Dinar / Yugoslavia
Year: 2000
Mintage: 20,076,000
Metal: Copper-Zinc-Nickel
Value: $0.05 since yours is damaged but even perfect it is not worth much.

Kelly said...

That's what I get for thinking too much!

Thanks for the stats. Oh, and even more so, thank you for the comment you left. I really appreciate your feedback. Its funny, because you are the only one who has told me anything along those lines. I guess I just feel the pressure to hurry up and get finished. Either way, I've got a few more years and I would rather learn something in the process.

jadedragon said...

That is one pretty messed up coin. Rare to see dimes that beat up. Rarity in this case does not add to the value.

Man said...

Yup, quite a mess.

Anonymous said...

HI, I HAVE A 1934 SERIES C $5 DOLLAR BILL SAN FRANCISCO, ANY INFO WILL DO,


THANK YOU

Man said...

1934 SERIES C $5 DOLLAR BILL SAN FRANCISCO,

There are many varieties based on serial number, back number, and condition.

But the average is about $15.00.

Anonymous said...

about the 1943 series c $5 dollar bill, ser# LO6919523B, NICE AND CRISP NO FOLDS, light green seal
thanks 4 quick respond
manny

Man said...

1934 series c $5 dollar bill, ser# LO6919523B, NICE AND CRISP NO FOLDS, light green seal

This one is common it's about $15.00.

jdigdon@hotmail.com said...

hello, i have already made a post but i cannot seem to find it anywhere so please dont hate for double posting.

i have a 1973 canadian dime with a broadstrike defect the plain side is directly under the bust. on the reverse the second mast is cut off and only C A N are visable, the rest cut off. a few toolmarks possibly and its not very shiny but i would deffinately say fair to good condition. also there is no edge around the dime it is completly plain.
thankyou if you can help.

Man said...

1973 canadian dime with a broadstrike defect

About $25.00 but a lot depends on eye appeal.

Anonymous said...

I've found an even worse one, except it was a quarter. You can barely see the 3rd effigy queen on it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/p1000333h.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/535/p1000332u.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/p1000331y.jpg/

Man said...

I've found an even worse one, except it was a quarter. You can barely see the 3rd effigy queen on it.

That one is bad, I would try to use it just to get rid of it.