Well well. The mint is finally putting the new dollars into circulation nation wide on Thursday, February 15, 2007.
Here is the information that is important.
- They will be made of the same material as the current dollar coin.
- They will feature dead presidents.
- The presidents must be dead at least three years.
- Every year will have four presidents starting 2007.
- 2016 is the last coin currently scheduled, Nixon.
- The side will have incuse lettering.
- The reverse of all of them has the Statue of Liberty.
- Grover Cleveland will be featured twice.
- THEY ARE LEGAL TENDER.(Some cashier is bound to reject them, aaaggh.)
I hope to see get one soon but I doubt I receive it in my change until 2 years pass. As a collector I feel I should be more excited but these are just too useless in my opinion. The dollar bill is easier and better.
Do you have a coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.